Kristin is the "Rules Analyst" for 2019-20 Presidential Debate Season
The 2019-20 Presidential Debate season is a hot mess. Most pundits are going to discuss what each candidate said. I’ll take a fresh and different angle: How did the moderators impact the discussion? Smackdown or Run Wild?
I am the leading authority on moderating panel discussions. I literally wrote the book on it. Much like a football rules analyst, I comment on how objective, skilled and fair the debate moderators were immediately after each debate.
I’ll provide real-time data to back up my assertions:
- Do the moderators follow their own ground rules?
- Are the questions posed objectively?
- Is the airtime equally distributed – or did one candidate have an unfair advantage?
- Do the moderators intervene appropriately?
I’ll also have real-time polling of the “man on the street.” In conjunction with Futuri Media (engagement manager to iHeartRadio), we’ll be polling the national radio audience with two questions:
- Do the debate moderators do a good job?
- Are the debate moderators fair and objective?
It’s a unique angle that hasn’t been reported…unless the debate goes off the rails. Which it will. The debates will be skewed, biased and crowded. And I’ll be there (live or Zoom) to report on all the salacious details for you.
Here are some examples of reporting done for the 2016 Presidential debates:
- Third 2016 Presidential Debate – Chris Wallace – October 21, 2016
- Second 2016 Presidential Debate, – Anderson Cooper/Martha Raddatz – October 10, 2016
- First 2016 Presidential Debate – Lester Holt – September 27, 2016
- 2015 Republican Primary Presidential Debate – Carl Quintanilla/Becky Quick/John Harwood/Jim Cramer – October 29, 2015
- 2015 Republican Primary Presidential Debate – Bret Baier/Megyn Kelly/Chris Wallace – August 9, 2015
- 2015 Democratic Primary Presidential Debate – Martha Raddatz/David Muir – December 21, 2015
For more information about Kristin, check out her primary website, ExtraordinaryTeam.com or contact her at 480.399.8489.
As the past President of the National Speakers Association of the United States (2010-11) and one of the first female graduates of the United States Coast Guard Academy, Kristin brings 20 years of practical team building experience to your audience. She has worked with small businesses to Fortune 500 companies and is equally adept on the shop floor as she is in the executive boardroom.
With her extraordinary approach to meeting facilitation, process consultation and keynote presentations, Kristin is in heavy demand in the news and media.
Recent Press Releases
- Boring to Bravo wins Axiom Book Award March 26, 2012
- New Survey Reports 63% of Panel Discussions are Mediocre or Much Worse March 18, 2014
Recent Media Interviews
- Television: ABC News, NBC (Phoenix Affiliate), ABC-15 Sonoran Living, Randall Craig’s Professionally Speaking
- Radio/Podcast: Small Business Advocate, David Magee Show, Dresser After Dark, Build Your Business, Business Matters, Pilgrim on the 405, High Velocity Radio, Big Blend Radio, Thom Scott’s Extreme Business Makeovers, Robert Thompson’s Leader Inside Out, Brett Clay’s Actuation Zone, Erik Luhr’s Guru Selling Radio Show, Catherine Anaya’s Women’s Eye Network, Time to Shine in Public Speaking.
- Print: Forbes, Fox Business Center, Gulf Coast Business Review, The Glass Hammer, Ragan Communications, Ragan.com, The Chronicle Herald, Navy Compass, Meetings & Conventions Magazine, Midwest Meetings, Lab Manager Magazine, Speaking of Impact, Speaker, Speaker, Toastmaster Magazine, MeetingsNet, Insights: A Professional Journal by the Institutes CPCU Society, Voyage Phoenix.
- Blog Postings: Associations Now, Associations Now, Stephen Forte’s Blog, Dianna Booher’s Banter, Ian Griffin’s Professionally Speaking, Lisa Braithwaite’s Speak Schmeak, Andrew Dlugan’s Six Minutes, Nick Morgan’s Public Words, Rebel Brown’s Rebelations, Olivia Mitchell’s Speaking About Presenting, Stephanie Scotti’s Speaker Notes, MO.com, Professional Convention Management Association’s PCMA News, MeetingsNet, Smart Meetings Magazine, Connect Association.
“We came back recharged after our team-building session with you!”Ron Marler , VP, North America Toxicology Services, Covance Laboratories, Inc
“Kristin helped the U.S. Naval Institute develop an absolutely outstanding Strategic Plan. I’m a strong believer in the process Kristin outlined for us and the way she helped guide us. The plan has withstood the test of time, and is driving significant results. Kristin has my highest possible recommendation!”Scott Gureck , EVP, Membership and Marketing, U.S. Naval Institute
“We asked Kristin to deliver a program regarding personnel trends geared to our organization and demographics. Kristin was able to quickly understand our organization and to provide concrete ideas and common sense solutions. She did a terrific job pulling it together and delivering it in a way that was fun and inspiring.”John Phelps , CEO, State Bar of Arizona
“Kristin Arnold is the best I’ve ever seen on the subject of ‘effective teams,’ at all levels from senior execs to problem-solving teams…. I highly recommend her if you ever need some outside help on your directions for team effectiveness.”Steven L. Holcomb , Senior Project Engineer, Newport News Shipbuilding
“After literally decades of personally participating in these exercises, I was pleasantly surprised at Kristin’s skill in making this off-site one of the best ever. She exceeded all the team goals I set and provided several useful recommendations in her closing remarks and leave behind materials. Kristin is my first choice in the future to help me identify and resolve the challenges associated with any large team-building exercise. She has my unqualified recommendation as a facilitator, mentor, and problem solver of the first order.”Garnett Stowe , Vice President, Raytheon Company
“I have had several opportunities to use the tips, tricks, and tools that you presented in your workshop…and [my next] Steering Committee meeting went extremely well, far exceeding my expectations.”Leigh Baudreau , Sr Manager, Railinc
After literally decades of personally participating in these exercises, I was pleasantly surprised at Kristin’s skill in making this off-site one of the best ever. She exceeded all the team goals I set and provided several useful recommendations in her closing remarks and leave behind materials. Kristin is my first choice in the future to help me identify and resolve the challenges associated with any large team building exercise. She has my unqualified recommendation as a facilitator, mentor, and problem solver of the first order.”Garnett Stowe , Vice President, Raytheon Company
“I hired Kristin to work with my Board of Directors to facilitate our strategic planning session. My Board is composed of executive-level distributors and manufacturers. She provided me with the pre-planning support that we needed to keep the Board on-task, facilitated the meeting (totaling wowing my Board) and then provided a post-meeting summary that we used as our blue-print to complete our planning process. She managed the process flawlessly and on-budget.”Karen Ribler , Executive VP & COO, Center for Healthcare Supply Chain Research
“Kristin is a highly skilled facilitator and speaker. She blends great subject matter knowledge with practicality to help groups achieve their objectives. I recommend Kristin without reservation.”John Farrell , HR Manager, Marathon Oil Company
“Kristin did an excellent job! She kept us on target and used different techniques to reach consensus in a timely manner. We left the session with conceptual goals and action plans.”Gary C. Beach PE , President McCrone, Inc
“Kristin does a great job of getting the principles across while making the workshop interesting and interactive. Class participants give her rave reviews.The participants in the department’s Leadership Development Program enjoyed your Extraordinary Team Facilitator workshop. They found your presentation to be top-notch. Comments I have heard include such things as…she presented the information in a very informative, non-threatening manner with just the right touch of light humor. Kudos to you on a job well done! On a more personal note, I add to the team’s compliments. I have completed two other facilitation courses by national organizations and found yours to be by far superior both in content and delivery.”Kay Freidinger , Director, Missouri Department of Revenue
I am often asked the question, “What’s the difference between a ‘facilitator’ and a ‘consultant’? … Continue reading
I was recently chatting with Adrian Segar, author of Conferences That Work, about the latest … Continue reading