Kristin Arnold and The Extraordinary Team
Kristin Arnold is known for her practical and concrete approach to helping teams think things through in order to make better decisions and achieve sustainable, substantive results.
A wide range of clients depend on her for insight into what works best for teams today: Challenger Space Center for Space Science Education, KPMG, Make-A-Wish, Marathon Oil Company, Mercedes Benz USA, Mutual Funds Dealer Association, Nature Conservancy, National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), Raytheon Corporation, US Armed Forces, U.S, Food & Drug Administration, U.S. Naval Institute…just to name a few.
Kristin Arnold, President and Founder
As a high stakes meeting facilitator, keynote speaker, and professional panel moderator, Kristin has worked with over a hundred different organizations, three hundred different teams, and presented to over a half a million people around the world on the topics of leadership, strategy, innovation, critical thinking and teamwork.
As one of the first female graduates of the United States Coast Guard Academy and the first woman stationed onboard an ocean-going buoy tender, Kristin learned early on about working with others. In 1990, she became one of the first Coast Guard facilitators – and made every mistake one could! Frustrated, she avidly researched this nascent skill called “facilitation” and found herself training a cadre of internal facilitators. By 1992, companies were asking her to teach their people how to facilitate and lead teams! Since then, she has been sharing her concrete approach to leading teams with a treasure trove of practical concepts, tools and techniques her clients can apply immediately to see positive, sustainable results.
Kristin’s passion for leading teams is reflected in her writing, speaking, facilitation and consulting. She is an award-winning author, newspaper columnist and contributing author to myriad other team-based books such as The IAF Handbook of Group Facilitation. Her latest book, Powerful Panels: A Step-By-Step Guide to Moderating Lively and Informative Panel Discussions was published in November 2013.
Featured in numerous publications such as Harvard Business Update, USA Today, Selling Power, Kristin knows what it takes to lead, facilitate and participate on high performing teams. She was on the board and President of the National Speakers Association of the United States (2010-2011). She also served as President of the Downtown Hampton (Virginia) Development Partnership (2001-2), a nonprofit business organization attributed to turning Downtown Hampton from a quaint, sleepy town to a thriving entertainment, retail and residential center. She retired from the USCG Reserves in 2002 as a Lieutenant Commander.
Kristin is on the Executive Development Faculty in the Schulich School of Business at York University in Toronto, specializing in Leadership Through Teambuilding.
Kristin Arnold is on the Executive Development Faculty in the Schulich School of Business at York University in Toronto, specializing in Leadership through Team Building. Kristin has earned two certifications within her core competencies:
- Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) from the National Speakers Association (2002)
- Certified Professional Facilitator (CPF) from the International Association of Facilitators (2002)
Kristin is also certified to administer several assessment tools that assist people in determining their thinking styles, personality preferences and management effectiveness:
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator®
- Human Synergistics’ Group Styles Inventory™
- Organizational Culture® Inventory
As an active member of her community, Kristin has received the following awards:
- Smart Magazine’s 100 Inspiring Women: Innovator (2018)
- Global Speakers Federation Presidential Award for Service (2015)
- Axiom Book Award for Boring to Bravo (2012)
- National Speakers Association Presidential Award (2012)
- Capital Outstanding Speaker Award (2007)
- National Speakers Association Presidential Award (2005)
- Outstanding Woman of Hampton Roads (2001)
- Virginia Speakers Association Chapter Member of the Year (2001 and 2002)
- Hampton Roads Inside Business Rising Stars “Forty Under Forty” (2000)
- Women in Business Advocate of the Year for the Virginia Peninsula (1998)
- Yes, Kristin is tall. 5’10” in bare feet with a 36” inseam, so she just looks really, really tall.
- Kristin was one of the first women at the US Coast Guard Academy, graduating in 1982 and was the ONLY woman onboard an ocean-going buoy tender. She had to learn a lot about teamwork!
- An avid reader, you’ll always find her toting around a pile of magazines, one business book and one novel – just for fun!
- Kristin plays respectable golf, hovering around 100. Ask her about the time she played golf with Gary Player!
- A gourmet cook, she loves to putter in the kitchen on the weekend. Her favorite spices come from Surfas, a store where she was born.
Why Kristin Arnold is the Only Choice for Your Next Event
Kristin Arnold is highly effective with audiences dealing with ambiguity and seeking extraordinary results. It could be planning for the future, working better together, or wrapping their heads around a strategic issue such as creativity, fame-changing innovation, thought leadership, hassle-free customer service, career success (and the list goes on!)
There are at least 6.5 reasons why Kristin would be perfect for you:
- Kristin focuses on the bottom line results. She sorts through what you want and provides clarity around your desired results.
As a facilitator, consultant and trainer to over a hundred different companies, her clients have come to trust and count on her uncanny ability to clarify the complex. One NASA client exclaimed, “Kristin, you make chicken soup out of chicken poop!” (of course, he used a different word for “poop”!)
- Kristin crafts a unique experience to help you achieve your overall objectives. Some people say they customize, but just change a few words here and there, insert your logo, and push the “play” button. Not Kristin. She starts with your desired results and then designs a truly unique, innovative, and interactive program to deliver on those results. Audiences truly resonate with her practical, hands on, conversational style.
There must be a reason why more than 86 percent of the groups who hire Kristin use her services again and/or refer her to other groups!
- Your event is all about interaction and action. Kristin literally “wrote the book” on making presentations engaging and interactive. You can depend on her for sharing relevant and timely content as well as drawing out key ideas from the participants themselves. We all know that people are much more committed to following through on a idea when they had a hand in creating that idea. Kristin is dedicated to helping her audiences walk away with easy-to-follow action items that can be implemented immediately to produce extraordinary results.
- Kristin actively helps you promote your event. We want you to fill the room, so we work with you to reach out to all of the attendees at your event. When appropriate, Kristin typically:
- Creates a custom audio and/or video invitation you can send out to inspire people to attend your event.
- Blogs with them, inviting questions before the event and integrating them right into the presentation. And, she will continue to blog after the event, continuing the conversation.
- Participates in an online pre-event “chat” via Twitter.
- Posts periodically to your Facebook event page, LinkedIn profile, or other social networking site to create a “buzz” about the event.
- Writes a newsletter or magazine article or be interviewed for use within your organization.
- Is available and accessible before and after the event to meet with the attendees, sign books, and/or attend the reception.
Kristin is on the leading edge of social media – and she’ll use that expertise to help you virally promote your event.
- Kristin is an experienced facilitator, speaker and trainer. With over two decades of experience facilitating and training teams in the workplace, she has worked with over a hundred different organizations, three hundred different teams, and presented to over a half a million people around the world.
Kristin is the author of several books and training programs and is on the faculty of the Schulich Education Centre at York University in Toronto. Kristin is a Certified Speaking Professional (CSP), as well as a Certified Professional Facilitator (CPF) – blending the best of two worlds to deliver an engaging and interactive experience your attendees will NEVER forget!
- Kristin walks her talk. As President of the National Speakers Association (2010-11), and Downtown Hampton (VA) Development Partnership (2001-2), Kristin understands the importance of collaboration, leadership, and strategy. She has been in your shoes and understands the challenges, complexities and rewards.
6.5 Kristin can tell a story (or two). As one of the first women graduates at the US Coast Guard Academy and the first (and only) women stationed on a CG ship with 52 other men, Kristin had to learn how to be a great team player and leader! (Boy-oh-boy, has she got some tall tales she can tell over a beer, martini or diet Dr. Pepper. Your choice!).
We also have a cadre of professional facilitators who join our team for events and projects that require multiple facilitators working at the same time.
Engage, Involve, and Inspire Your Audience
Kristin shares proven presentation techniques that transform boring monologues into scintillating dialogues.Get My Copy