Emcee – Master of Ceremonies
Kristin is Your Insurance to Make Your Event Extraordinary
With Kristin as your Emcee – Master (or Mistress, depending on how PC you want to be) of Ceremonies, you can be assured that your business event will flow smoothly and on time. She’s the glue that holds it all together in a gracious and elegant way.
Kristin quickly connects with the group with her warm, engaging style. She reinforces the conference theme and “connects the dots” between mainstage speakers and event activities. She involves the audience without making them do silly teambuilding, ra-ra, turn to your neighbor activities. She’s “refreshingly candid,” building conversations with the audience about key issues. She’s known to be spontaneous, witty, and gets the audience to crack a few smiles and chuckles – even with left-brained scientists and engineers!
Caveat: While Kristin is fun, engaging, and perfect for business meetings, she is NOT a comedienne or entertainer – so if that’s what you are looking for, we can refer you to a colleague!
There are no one-size-fits-all meeting plans here. Kristin uses a 4-step process to emcee your meeting that is customized to your outcomes, culture, and the audience.
1. Get Ready
Kristin starts with a conversation with the meeting team to clarify the purpose of the event, meeting theme and desired outcomes. During this phase, Kristin typically:
- Consults on the meeting agenda including the timing and flow of activities
- Suggests opportunities to engage the audience
- Coordinates with the presenters on how they can interact and complement each other
- Writes engaging introductions
2. Design the Event
The best emcees take the working agenda and then proactively design and prepare for the event’s bits and pieces by:
- Coordinating with the presenters on how they can interact and complement each other
- Writing engaging introductions
- Coordinating event logistics with the property to include seating options and audio-visual support, as well as using emerging technologies such as electronic polling of participants to ensure maximum engagement.
3. Emcee the Event
Kristin emcees the event by
- Introducing other speakers, events and activities throughout the meeting
- Summarizing key points to remember and using “call backs” to reinforce and build on the message
- Providing transitions (or segues) between speakers, events and activities to allow for stage changes and unexpected delays
- Interviewing individuals or team members on stage (either live or pre-recorded)
- Ensuring lively audience participation.
- Being humorous, where appropriate.
- Staying active in all aspects of the event: participating in breaks, happy hours, meals, etc. bringing vignettes and observations to the larger group.
- She’s available on call throughout the day. She’ll be checking in with you regarding the pace of the program. Speed up, no problem. Slow down, okey dokey! Whatever you need, if she can, she’ll fill in and help out!
4. Follow Up
Kristin summarizes the key points at the end and in a written report immediately following the event. You can reinforce these points in follow up emails, newsletters and talking points. She’ll also evaluate the session with you to create next steps and recommendations for your next meeting.
Having you emcee and help organize the meeting allowed us to keep on schedule but more importantly you ensured we all stayed focused. Thank you for helping making the event both thought-provoking and fun!
Neil Thomas, CEO, Wayne Fueling Systems
As more and more subject matter experts fail at delivering presentations, the meeting professionals start looking elsewhere for help. Your blend of presentation and facilitation skills is perfect for conferences of today.
Jeff Hurt, Director of Education and Engagement, Velvet Chainsaw Consulting, Inc.
Hire Kristin to ensure the brilliance of your conference!
Engage, Involve, and Inspire Your Audience
Kristin shares proven presentation techniques that transform boring monologues into scintillating dialogues.Get My Copy